Thursday 24 July 2008

Commissions in June

It is nearly two months since my last blog, when I intended to write a blog more frequently. Since then I have promoted my store both locally and on the internet; not only using the facilities within Etsy but also by gaining more Etsy friends on 'Myspace' and making a fan page on 'Facebook' and joining some of the many Etsy groups within 'Facebook'. Even though these may be small things, they may eventually encourage a sale.
June was a busy month for me, I had a number of commissioned works from making bespoke jewellery to alterations. One example of this was a customer had a beautiful turquoise necklace that had been bought for her as a present, but it wasn't long enough; I restrung the beads onto beading silk and included spacers beads until the required length was achieved. The customer also wanted matching earrings; I tried to find matching beads which was rather more difficult than I thought, but got as close a match as I could. Here is the finished set:


Turquoise has powers that include protection, courage, peace, healing and luck.

The earrings hang from sterling silver ear wires.








Other materials that I have worked with this month are:

Amethyst which makes the wearer gentle and amiable and Tiger's-Eye that has powers that include courage, energy and luck.





These earrings can be
found in my store,
made from gold
pearlised beads and
Tiger's-Eye.






These dangle earrings are made with Amethyst
and an antique silver bead on sterling silver ear wires.







Another commission I received this month was to make a pair of long blue earrings. My customer wanted a particular blue which she hadn't been able to find in any shop. After making these, they became my favourite earrings in my shop:

Electric blue and Silver dangle earrings on Sterling Silver ear wires. Made with blue Swarovski crystals, silver spacer beads and finished with a Millefiori square bead, these earrings are multi stranded and dangle to 9 cm.



No comments: