Tuesday 5 August 2008

Marketing

Well, August has arrived and unfortunately the last few weeks have not been very productive. I have lots of beads and other materials to work with but other things seem to take priority! School holidays mean the children need to be kept amused and I have foreign students staying at my house at the moment, so their needs also have to come before my jewellery production.
What I have managed to do this month, however, is to find other ways to market my Etsy store. When I first started running my store the extent of my marketing was to email details to friends and family. Since then, I have started this blog and have a mini-etsy on Myspace where I often send bulletins to my Myspace 'friends'. I was then introduced to Facebook, where I have made a 'fan page' which advertises my store and where I can notify my friends of anything new in my store and any new blogs that I write. Also on my Facebook Fanpage I have a 'discussion board' where other Etsy sellers can promote their stores.


************************************


At the moment, I am making a necklace made from bamboo and coconut shell which I will be including in my 'beachy' collection. Other pieces in my 'beachy' collection includes a Mother of Pearl Pendant made from a mother of pearl disc with white seed beads, sandstone pied rice beads and different coloured and sized pearl beads.



The mother of pearl pendant could be complemented by these dangle earrings which include gold pearl, small silver beads and Swarovski crystal hanging from sterling silver ear wires.


Another Pearly set I have in my store at the moment is this necklace and earrings set which includes various sized and coloured pearly beads with sandstone pied rice beads, gold twisted tubes and Swarovski crystals. The earrings hang on gold plated ear wires.
Pearl's powers include love, money, protection, luck, purity and honesty.
Crystal's powers include healing, wisdom and harmony.

No comments: