Friday 26 September 2008

Vintage Jewellery

It's been very quiet in my store over the past month and my time has been taken up elsewhere but one thing I did decide to do this month was trek around car boot sales and antique fairs looking for any bargains that I might be able to use, either to make something new or to sell in my Vintage section. At one antique fair, I was like a child in a sweet shop; there was so much jewellery, maybe too much. My favouite piece I picked up was a colourful brooch which caught my eye immediately. Even though it had a slight imperfection the colours and 3d effect shape stood out for me and I had to buy it.




My Vintage section has become quite successful and this just gives me an excuse to visit yet more antique fairs. Here are some other vintage pieces that can be found in my store http://www.charmedjewellery.etsy.com








To be included in my Vintage section, a piece has to be over 20 years old. The three pieces here are from the 1980s. The necklace and earrings set is made of diamante. Diamante is a diamond simulant made from rock crystal, glass or acrylic. Simulants are distinct from synthetic diamond, which unlike simulants is actual diamond and therefore have the same material properties as natural diamond. A diamond simulant may be artificial, natural, or in some cases a combination of both.

So, if you are looking for something slightly different, come and check out my store. At the moment I am having a Christmas Sale!! Buy One Get One Free - Buy one item and choose another of equivalent or less price and get it free. http://www.charmedjewellery.etsy.com

No comments: