Friday 26 September 2008

http://www.nschristen.etsy.com

This week I am featuring another Etsy store - http://www.nschristen.etsy.com.

This full time teacher from Illinois works with "children with special needs in a high poverty and majority minority area." She says "I hope by helping kids learn that they will have access to more choices and hopefully work to improve the community."
Dark Moon & Starry Night Necklace

Her hobby of wired knitted jewellery can be seen in her online store...
"I started knitting jewellery this summer. I love knitting but it's too hot to work with wool and cotton during the summer. I'm inspired by nature. I love pearls and semi precious stones. I love greens, blues, whites and silver. I make things that I would want to wear."

"I love PEARLS! I Love them. They have such luster and life and they match almost everything. At the moment I am working on a thick curled knit wire necklace. It is peridot, pearl and mother of pearl. It really is a statement piece."

Abalone Pearl Crocheted Wire Necklace


"Jewellery can really upgrade an outfit to fabulous. Funky and one of a kind pieces can be a great conversation starter."

"My mom did lots of crafting with my siblings and I, growing up. Besides knitting clothes and jewellery, I like to be active, playing soccer, tennis and running. I live with my rescued mixed breed dog and boyfriend."

NSChristen's favourite pieces are her Dark Moon and Starry Night Necklace,Twisted Amazonite Necklace and her Abalone and Pearl Choker.



Twisted Amazonite Necklace

You can find more of NSChristen's designs at her online store at http://www. nschristen.etsy. com and she is also hoping to do a few craft fairs next year.


Mermaid Blue Green Necklace

1 comment:

CharmedJewellery said...

Love your pieces, especially the Twisted Amazonite Necklace ... beautiful. Thanks for letting me feature you.